Sunday 28 July 2013

Hyuna story in “There’ll Be No Spotlight If You Stop Now”, by Hong Seung Sung

A little excerpt about Kim Hyun-a (4MINUTE member) [Hong Appa’s Book Translations]

When I firmly decided to start Cube Entertainment, I called Hyuna everyday to persuade her parents to allow her to return to the stage. Firm on her decision to never come back she even turned off her phone, acting like she was breaking off ties forever. However I continued to try and persuade them. No, clinging is a more accurate word. ‘Mother, Father, I’m sure you know how talented she is. I would like to help her return to the stage after she recovers. That is her path as it is mine (to bring her back)’ After a while I was given the chance to persuade Hyuna face to face. ‘Hyuna, everyone has a rebellious period in life. Sickness can be cured in time. You already got a lot better. It’s not a sickness that can kill you so if you don’t work on achieving your dreams, don’t you think you will regret it later on? Think about the times you endured as a trainee. There is probably nothing you can’t do. That is why people always say to go back to the beginning. Think about what you wanted to do when you were dancing in the JYP practice rooms. I will help you find and achieve an even bigger dream. I hope for you to become an even stronger Hyuna.’ Maybe because I’ve been around trainees like Hyuna for so long, I could understand her pain. I wanted to be a person who was strong and warm like a father so that she could whine to me whenever she was having a difficult time. Were my honest feelings delivered well? The next day after I saw her I received a call from her. ‘Father. I want to start training again.’
source: kpopfantasyland

No comments:

Post a Comment