Tuesday 2 April 2013

[INTERVIEW] 130329 20-Year-Old Kwon Sohyun, “I grabbed a drink with the unnies.”


+Upon welcoming your 20s – Since I graduated I feel like being jobless, I spend my time working on 4minute’s new album. Until our “HUH” era, I thought to myself “I’m the best!” because there were many areas where I felt self-confident. While during “Mirror Mirror” it was more about love so there were a lot of feminine sides to it.
This time around it looks like we will be going for a stronger concept.
+You turned 20. Since you turned 20 three months have passed. How does it feel like now? On January 1st, I was in the midst of recording MBC <Gayo Daejun> and it is without knowing myself that I turned 20 on that day. There were a lot of people who felt it more than me saying things like, “I just turned 20” or “I am already 20?” How fast time flies by, I really am an adult now. And with it comes a sense of responsibility that feels heavier on my shoulders.
+After graduating from high school I started to feel more and more different from other people, it felt weird. Being listed as a student was reassuring and protective and I have some regrets about my student life sometimes, thinking about things such as “I couldn’t even wear the uniform.”  To be honest, I won’t be attending college so I feel even more part of the society now. Also, since having started preparations for 4minute’s new album, I haven’t been having a busy schedule. All of this has been really confusing me. Even so, compared to my middle school’s graduation, my high school graduation photo came out a lot prettier.  When I graduated from middle school I was like “I just graduated” but now it’s more like “I really did graduate for real” and when I think about it, I feel bittersweet. Even if I didn’t cry, it saddened me.

+How was your student life like? During my student days, I couldn’t experience more than two things. Because of our promotional activities I couldn’t fully experience being a student as other students would. Therefore I don’t have any memories of school trips or summer camp, or any special memories regarding my student life. How should I put this. My student life has been lonely and bitter. I couldn’t enjoy it. At first my friends were intrigued, amazed and envious of me because I was a celebrity but when they got to know more of it they didn’t. I think that the thing I regret the most is that my student life with friends has been lacking in making special memories.
+Putting off your college entrance must have been a big decision to make. Do you plan on attending college in the future? Because of our promotional activities I couldn’t fully experience being a middle schooler either. I want to take a break from my student life for a year. Because I’m living a double life there are a lot of areas that need to be considered, and being a student at the same time can be really stressful. As of now, I didn’t give enough thought to what major I want to take in college. I studied a bit more and wanted to challenge the college entrance exam. I believe that when comes the time when I would make up my mind to really study properly, I’d naturally enroll in college.
+Is there anything you would want to try out now that you are 20?  I wanted to download G-Dragon’s “That XXX” so badly but eventually couldn’t so while the unnies of 4minute were listening to it I sat next to them and we listened to it together. And when I finally turned 20 I downloaded the song along with the album. I’ve also always wanted to have a get-together with the unnies, our managers and staff which I finally did on March 1st. But our managers had to drive and the unnies of 4minute weren’t in a mood to drink much, so I’m not really sure if my current drinking ability is accurate.

+Don’t want to date? I want to. If I date someone, even though it won’t be on the level of wanting our relationship to be made public, I would want to tell my close friends and family and receive their blessings. Since I don’t really know how to look out for people, I want to ask that person to take care of me. Honestly, I’m the type who thinks good of people who are good to me.
+What kind of adult do you want to be? I want to be an adult whom people wouldn’t be embarrassed with. Someone who would take responsibility for his words. I believe that, as I was having a sort of protection when I was younger, for this reason I want to be able to take responsibility for my words and actions now that I’m an adult. I also want to become the kind of person who is able to comfortably approach people.
source - star1
translation by yoobin (@ 4MF)



No comments:

Post a Comment